Enrolment terms, conditions and warranties
1. Your enrolment in a class is confirmed on receipt of full payment of your selected class, and subject to availability of positions at the time.
2. Please note that class dates, times and fees are subject to change. However, should a change occur, Salt & Company will make every effort to advise you with as much time and notice as possible.
3. Participants are expected to attend their booked class. Any class email reminders are a courtesy only. Participants are responsible for their own attendance.
4. Please read and familiarise yourself with our cancellation and refund policy before you book and pay for a class with Salt & Company.
5. By booking a cooking class with Salt & Company you agree to enter into a contract with Salt & Company in which Salt & Company agree to reserve a place for you in your selected class, and you agree to attend that class.
6. By booking and paying for a class with Salt & Company you agree to have read and accepted these terms, conditions and policies.
Safety Policy (Attendance at Classes)
Whilst Salt & Company has made all efforts to ensure your safety, remember that participation in our classes will involve use of cooking appliances and utensils, and accidents can happen.
7. As a participant in one of our classes, you understand and accept the inherent risks in the preparation and cooking of food at a cooking class, and it is understood and expressly agreed by you that by making payment for and/or by attending a Salt & Company class, to the extent permitted by law, you release, indemnify and hold harmless Salt & Company from any and all liability of whatsoever nature for any damage, harm and/or injury that may result from or is in connection with, your attendance and/or participation.
8. Salt & Company does not in any way promote or condone excessive drinking and/or drink driving. We encourage participants to make alternative travel arrangements to and from our classes, should they choose to consume alcohol during a class.
9. Participants agree and acknowledge that by participating and/or attending a class, they do so at the express invitation of Salt & Company. Salt & Company reserves the right to ask any participant to leave at any time in the event that their behaviour, attitude and/or conduct is deemed by Salt & Company to be disruptive, offensive to others, dangerous, reckless and /or harmful, in any way.
Cancellation and Refund policy
10. Please be aware that classes and gift vouchers are non-refundable, but may be transferrable provided you satisfy the relevant terms and condition below.
11. Without excluding any of your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, due to the costs of preparation for the running of each class, including the purchase of food and fresh produce, Salt & Company are unable to offer a full refund if you have a ‘change of mind’, or if you are unable to attend the class for any other reason, such as illness or injury.
12. If, however you do find you are unable to attend your class and provided you give Salt & Company no less than 14 days’ notice before your scheduled class of your non-attendance, you may elect to;
a. Transfer your booking to another class. Please note that a transfer fee of $15 applies, per person, per booking.
b. Transfer your booking to another person (just email us their name, contact details, and dietary requirements).
13. If you are unable to provide Salt & Company with the requisite minimum of 14 days’ notice before your scheduled class, your booking will become non-transferable and any deposit(s) paid forfeited. In this circumstance you may elect to transfer your booking to another person (just email us their name, contact details and dietary requirements). Salt & Company are confident you understand and appreciate the high costs of running the classes and that your reserved position in the class cannot be on-sold.
14. In the unlikely event a class is cancelled by Salt &Company, a future class will be offered. Salt & Company accepts no liability for any inconvenience, or loss caused due to the cancellation of a class.
15. If you cancel a class that has been booked through redemption of a gift voucher, the same terms and conditions as above, apply. Any credit note will take the form of a re-issued gift voucher with the original expiration date. If you cancel a booking using a gift voucher 14 days or less prior to a class, or your gift voucher expires before the date of your class, your voucher will not be re-issued.
16. We take the health and wellbeing of our guests and staff very seriously. With this in mind we have put in place extra hygiene measures for anyone who enters our premises. Please be aware that upon entry to the venue, you will be guided by our staff through these simple sanitisation procedures. Anyone who has developed flu like and/or respiratory symptoms and/or has been on an airplane in the last 14 days is asked to please contact us as soon as possible before arriving to the premises to discuss. Until there has been a confirmed case of locally transmitted COVID-19 as per the Daily Snapshot for WA viewable at https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Coronavirus our standard terms and conditions apply, as can be seen above under TRANSFERS AND CANCELLATIONS. Thank you for your attention to this important aspect of your visit to Salt & Co.